There are many considerations when it comes to changing, here’s a starting list when it comes to How to Change Body Corporate Management Companies in Victoria:
- Do you have the majority support of the members of the body corporate/owners corporation?
- Changing body corporate management companies in Victoria is typically resolved through an ordinary decision of the owners corporation/body corporate;
- An ordinary decision of the owners corporation is typically resolved through a majority vote of all Lot Owners or the majority of the Committee.
- Is there an elected management Committee in place and does that Committee want to also change body corporate managers?
- Does the vote to change body corporate management companies have to be conducted at the Committees or Owners Corporation level?
- Before changing body corporate management companies, are we aware of the contractual situation with the incumbent company?
Furthermore, you have to be aware of and follow these specific processes to properly change the appointment and the removal of a body corporate manager.
- This requires the owners corporation to either:
- Enact a special resolution, to achieve a specific outcome through a formal voting process that requires a higher threshold of support.
- In a complete agreement, a unanimous resolution is to reach a decision through a formal voting process where all participants are in complete agreement.
- Pass any other resolution demanding more than a simple majority of votes before revoking the manager’s appointment or,
- Grant the manager unrestricted discretion to renew the contract of appointment at their own discretion.
Please note that when it comes to how to change body corporate management companies in other states, the strata management laws differ as each state has its own piece of legislation governing body corporate management.
Service, Service, and Service
You are terminating or changing an Owners Corporation Manager who did not ensure that your building maintenance was performed in a cost-effective and timely fashion, and who did not respond to the owners requests. Check references, and study applicants’ service contracts carefully to ensure you don’t end up with the same problem again. Your contract needs to itemise all the services they will provide – and you should be wary of any Manager who does not itemise all the areas of concern in their initial contract.
In our experience, this is a sign of problems to come. In general, you also want to choose or change your strata manager who has specialised in your area and has established relationships with local contractors in case of repairs or other issues. We can help you identify and examine the qualifications and reputation of your applicants.
Price is What You Pay, Value is What You Get
Like any other professional service, the lowest price is not always the best value. Strata management pricing isn’t always what it seems so check the total cost carefully and pay attention to any exemptions and exclusions in the pricing table. Your total cost will include management fees, disbursements, service charges, attendance at meetings, insurance commissions and fee increases over time.
Choosing a New Management Company and Making the Transition
In a fast-growing industry, there are always dedicated professionals as well as opportunists. We connect you with the first type of managers – being some of Melbourne’s best current & new body corporate management companies.
We help you avoid the costly mistakes caused by dealing with others, as each and every strata management company we work with has been carefully vetted and scrutinised through our strata consulting services.
A dedicated Strata Consultant not only helps you untangle any relevant legal issues, but they also know the reputation, experience, and background of the managers they work with (as well as the people to avoid) to recommend you the best-qualified strata body corporate groups in Melbourne.
Strata Management Consultants – Melbourne Body Corporate Brokers
Speak to a Strata Management Consultant on 1300-917-848 or email us at email@example.com
To learn more about How to Change Body Corporate Management Companies in Victoria or specifically, what is strata management? Visit Strata Management Consultants today. We specialise in not only advising and guiding Committees on how to change body corporate management companies but have also carefully vetted every management company we work with.
Consumer Affair Victoria – How to Change Body Corporate Management Companies in Victoria?
We also recommend downloading and reading Consumer Affairs Victoria – Guide to Living in Body Corporate.