In August 2022, Patrick contacted us about changing owners corporation managers for his building in Armadale, Melbourne. The building was a block of 24 red-brick apartments that had been managed by effectively a ‘one-man band’ owners corporation manager operating out of her Melbourne home. The Committee over time had became concerned about due processes and professionalism however recent events and behaviour caused them to realise it was time to change owners corporation managers.
Some the key concerns related to:
- Being provided very few quotes for large repairs and projects.
- The lack of technological implementation or knowledge.
- The payment of a painting invoice that had been intercepted with the BSB and bank account details replaced that of a scammer/hacker.
- The invoice was paid with OC funds.
- The contractor that did the work was happy was unpaid and the OC was out of pocket and the owners corporation manager refused to accept responsibility.
Qualified Owners Corporation Managers in Melbourne
Every single owners corporation manager – or rather Owners Corporation Management Company – we work with is carefully vetted based on their:
- Owners corporation managers’ experience and relevant qualifications
- Owners corporation manager’s service levels and service metrics
- Integrity & values of the owners corporation managers
- Dedicated strata software platform, systems, and processes
- On-going knowledge and training for the client facing owners corporation managers
Our expertise and industry knowledge takes the guesswork out of changing owners corporation managers in Melbourne.
Changing Owners Corporation Managers Melbourne
We met with the Committee to understand their concerns with the incumbent owners corporation and discuss what they would expect of their new owners corporation manager.
After compiling a RFT with information and specifications particular to their building, we conducted a tender process. We met again with the Committee and helped them to understand all the new OC management proposals in terms of their offerings, qualities, and costs.
The Committee chose a company that was less expensive than their incumbent and we assisted with the appointment process.
OLD OC MANAGEMENT CO. VS NEW OC MANAGEMENT CO.
|Cost Comparison||Previous OC
|Software, Work Orders + Misc.||$0||$0|
|Other Additional Charges||$0||$0|
|Total Strata Management Costs||$6,600||$7,636|
*OC guidance for all Committees: be careful when it comes to OC management contracts and ‘open-ended, blank cheque’ disbursements sections. Some OC management companies charge for every work order, phone call, email, page of paper, printing, postage, envelope, etc.
The vast majority of OC management companies that we work with – charge a fixed, all-inclusive fee for their disbursement costs. And of these OC management companies, most will waive their disbursement fee if lot owners elect to receive OC notices electronically.
We helped the Committee to change OC management companies in Armadale.
Thinking About Changing Owners Corporation Managers in Melbourne?
Take the first step in process of changing owners corporation management companies for your property in Armadale by speaking to a Strata Management Consultant at 1300-917-848 or email us for specialist OC guidance via firstname.lastname@example.org