There are many consideration when it comes to changing, here’s a starting list when it comes to How to Change Body Corporate Management Companies in Victoria:
- Do you have majority support of the members of the body corporate / owners corporation?
- Changing body corporate management companies in Victoria is typically resolved through ordinary decision of the owners corporation / body corporate;
- An ordinary decision of the owners corporation is typically resolved through a majority vote of all Lot Owners or the majority of the Committee
- Is there an elected management Committee in place and does that Committee want to also change body corporate managers?
- Does the vote to change body corporate management companies have to be conducted at the Committees or Owners Corporation level?
- Before changing body corporate management companies, are we aware of the contractual situation with the incumbent company?
Please note that when it comes to how to change body corporate management companies in other states, the strata management laws differ as each state as its own piece of legislation governing body corporate management.
Service, Service and Service
You are terminating a Owners Corporation Manager who did not ensure that your building maintenance was performed in a cost-effective and timely fashion, and who did not respond to the owners requests. Check references, and study applicants service contracts carefully to ensure you don’t end up with the same problem again. Your contract needs to itemise all the services they will provide – and you should be wary of any Manager who does not itemise all the areas of concern in their initial contract.
In our experience this is a sign of problems to come. In general, you also want to choose a manager who has specialised in your area and has established relationships with local contractors in case of repairs or other issues. We can help you identify and examine the qualifications and reputation of your applicants.
Price is What You Pay, Value is What You Get
Like any other professional service, the lowest price is not always the best value. Strata management pricing isn’t always what it seems so check the total cost carefully and pay attention to any exemptions and exclusions in the pricing table. Your total cost will include management fees, disbursements, service charges, attendance at meetings, insurance commissions and fee increases over time.
Choosing a New Management Company and Making the Transition
In a fast-growing industry, there are always dedicated professionals as well as opportunists. We connect you with the first type of managers – being some of Melbourne’s best body corporate management companies.
We help you avoid the costly mistakes caused by dealing with the others as each and every strata management company we work has been carefully vetted and scrutinised.
A dedicated Strata Consultant not only helps you untangle any relevant legal issues, they also know the reputation, experience, and background of the managers they work with (as well as the people to avoid) to recommend you the best Body Corporate Management Companies in Melbourne.
Strata Consultants – Melbourne Body Corporate Brokers
Speak to a Strata Consultant on 1300 917 848 or email us at email@example.com
Consumer Affair Victoria – Body Corporate Management
We also recommend downloading and reading Consumer Affairs Victoria – Guide to Living in Body Corporate https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/housing/owners-corporations